Are you ready to make a life changing decision and begin your career with the California Conservation Corps?
The California Conservation Corps (CCC) offers a range of job opportunities throughout the state, often in beautiful surroundings such as the serene redwood forests in California’s North Coast, the rolling vineyards in the Central Coast, and the giant sequoias in the mountainous Sierra Nevada.
To be eligible for positions within the CCC, candidates must either take an examination and be placed on the eligible list or already work for the state and be eligible to transfer.
The CCC continuously gives four examinations to anyone meeting the positions’ minimum qualifications. Exam instructions can be accessed on the below link:
Landing A Job With The CCC
Step1: Get yourself eligible
- Create a CalCareers online account and look for a job exam that interests you
- Review Open CCC Examinations
- Take the exam(s) for positions where you meet minimum qualifications
- You are now “List Eligible”!
Step Two: Apply for Vacant Positions
- Log into your CalCareers online account and look for a vacant position(s) that interests you
- Read the job bulletin
- Click the “Apply Now” button at the top of the job bulletin; you must apply through your CalCareers online account
- Complete your application; carefully read the instructions and include all requested documents
- Submit your state application package – following all instructions in the job bulletin.
Additional Information and Resources
- How to get a State Job
- Apply for State Jobs online through CalCareers
- State Application (PDF)
- Veterans Information
Still have questions? Email us at Careers@ccc.ca.gov
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identify, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation
California Natural Resources Agency (CNRA) Career Center
California Conservation Corps is excited to take part in the first agency-wide collaborative physical career center. The career center is located in the heart of Downtown Sacramento at the brand new CNRA headquarters building. Services provided include one-on-one career consultations, application/resume review, career guidance, mock interviews, and tips for applying. Learn more about this exciting new opportunity!
Days: Open every Tuesday and Thursday (except state holidays)
Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Address: Poppy Pavilion, 715 P Street, Sacramento, CA 95814