Crews Assisting Local Food Banks
Across the state, our crews are responding to the call from local food banks to help get food to families that COVID-19 is leaving in distress.
Local food banks are not only seeing a surge in calls for assistance, but many of their volunteers are unable to safely work as they may be more susceptible to the virus.
Corpsmembers are stepping up by sorting donations, assembling meal bags, and distributing boxes of food.
They’re making a difference and are glad to help take away some of the sting from the COVID-19 outbreak in our communities.
Corpsmembers have or are currently working at nearly a dozen local food banks in California, including:
- CCC Santa Maria & Los Padres at Food Bank of Santa Barbara County in Santa Maria
- CCC Fresno at Merced County Food Bank in Merced
- CCC Pomona at Sowing Seeds for Life Food Bank in La Verne
- CCC Delta at Interfaith Food Bank of Amador County in Jackson
- CCC Placer at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
- CCC Inland Empire at FIND Food Bank in Indio
- CCC Monterey Bay at Santa Cruz County Food Bank in Watsonville
- CCC Pomona at Sowing Seeds for Life Food Bank at the Los Angeles County Fairplex in Pomona
- CCC Delta at Second Harvest Food Bank in Manteca
- CCC Sacramento and Solano Centers at Alameda County Community Food Bank in Oakland
- CCC Los Angeles & Camarillo at Food Share of Ventura County in Thousand Oaks
- CCC Monterey Bay at Community Food Bank of San Benito in Hollister
- CCC Los Angeles & Pomona with Los Angeles County Food Bank at LA Unified School District locations
Please Note: the video and many of the photos above were taken prior to the issuing of face-covering guidelines.