The Year 26 (October 6, 2019 – August 14, 2020) Member Application is now available. See below to download application.
Member Applications must be submitted to WSP.Recruiter@ccc.ca.gov by 5:00 pm on June 28, 2019.
- At least 21 years old (current CCC Corpsmembers may be at least 18 years old)
- High school diploma
- U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
- Possess or be willing to obtain a California Driver’s License with a clean driving record (no more than 2 points)
- 25 credits of college-level science OR six months of relevant experience in fisheries/habitat restoration, invasive removal, or instream structure installation. May consider related experience.
- Interest and experience in natural resources management and environmental education
- Willingness to relocate to Placement Site community
- Opportunity to make a difference in a California community
- Monthly Living Stipend for Members ($1,905) and Team Leaders ($1,999)
- No-cost health care
- AmeriCorps education award
- Student loan forbearance and repayment on interest accrued while in the program
- Wilderness First Aid/CPR and Water Safety training
- Uniform and field gear provided
- Review the Year 26 Placement Site Summaries (PDF)
- Year 26 Placement Site Map (PDF)
- Review WSP’s Application Process (PDF)
- Watch this Informational Video (YouTube)
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Required Application Materials:
- WSP Member & Team Leader Application (Word)
- WSP Recruitment Leader Application (Word) — only if interested in this position
- 2nd Year Application (Word) for Members that have already served a year with WSP
- Cover Letter addressing why you want to join WSP, and what you hope to gain from the program
- One Page Resume listing education, work experience, and references
- Two Letters of Recommendation, which can be submitted on your behalf to email@example.com. Current CCC Corpsmembers must submit one letter from their C1.
Questions or Technical Issues: Call Jody Weseman at the San Luis Obispo Office (805) 542-8461 or Greg Poulton at the Fortuna Office (707) 725-8601, or email WSP.Recruiter@ccc.ca.gov.
Member Position Details
Watershed Stewards Program (WSP) Members serve under the guidance of a Placement Site organization for 10.5 months to assess, monitor, and enhance watersheds. While each Placement Site’s overall strategy, effort, and timing of service activities varies, all Members will participate in the following types of service:
- Watershed Recovery and Protection
- Education and Outreach
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Member Training and Professional Development
Team Leader Position Details
The Watershed Stewards Program (WSP) Team Leaders assist with the coordination and support of education, outreach, and volunteer events for WSP Members throughout California.
Main duties include:
- Member Support
- Watershed Awareness Project Coordination
- Wonders of Watersheds (WOW!) Education Coordination
- Community Outreach Coordination
- Program Support
- Member Development
Recruitment Leader Position Details
Position Overview: The purpose of this new position within WSP is to help diversify recruitment methods and to strengthen the resources provided to WSP Members, Placement Site partners, and alumni. WSP’s Recruitment Leader will work with the WSP team to expand community outreach, build social media presence, and promote the transformational impact of the program.
Main duties include:
- Recruitment of diverse candidates through:
- Outreach to groups that WSP has not reached in past years
- Building partnerships with other AmeriCorps Programs
- Present about WSP at CCC Centers, colleges and career fairs
- Develop marketing materials including audio and video content
- Research and secure affordable housing for Members in California’s high-rent areas
- Develop plans to meet the capacity-building needs of the program